Florida is the target of terrible hurricanes and tropical storms that can cause everything from minor inconvenience to major destruction and even death. But so are many of the other Gulf Coast and Atlantic Coast states.
How Can You Help Victims in Need?
1. Find local arms of national organizations that are helping those victims directly, both human and animals. Here are some:
- American Red Cross
- Salvation Army
- United Way
- Team Rubicon
- National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (referred by FEMA)
- The Humane Society
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
2. Be wary of solicitations from individuals who are collecting aid money online, on the telephone, by text or by email for victims. Sadly, there are many people out there whose intentions may not be the best. If you know the person who is collecting, then consider donating. If you don't know the person or organization, stick with the major organizations such as those mentioned above.
3. Consider calling your local food bank, fire company, veteran's organization, church or other house of worship or even local or state government to see if a collection of non-perishable food, water, supplies and clothing is being made for delivery to the affected area. Efforts often are organized to collect everything from toothbrushes and toothpaste to blankets, towels, flashlights and batteries, etc. and then deliver them to affected areas.
Other Ways to Donate Without Cash
Remember, giving isn't always about a donation of money. You can organize a collection of items, donate blood or even volunteer for service, to name a few things.
Your individual effort may seem like a drop in the bucket to you, but we guarantee that some recipient somewhere will be forever grateful for whatever you were able to do.
Entech proudly is located in Fort Myers, Bradenton and Naples, Florida.