Multi-site company faces major data disaster
Employees: Fort Myers, FL
- Training and education
- Headquartered in Fort Myers, FL
- 6 additional offices located around the world
- Data, email, and applications hosted on one server at the headquarters
- All offices heavily utilize data, email, and applications hosted on the company server
- Server and computers located at the headquarters were damaged after a major flood
- All data, email, applications, and necessary configurations were backed up and replicated at an offsite location, as well as on a local device — thanks to Entech’s image-based backup system.
- This particular backup solution was managed, monitored, and regularly tested by the Entech team — which means all data was safe, accessible, and ready to be restored after the flood.
- Luckily, the local device was not damaged during the flood, and all data, email, and apps were restored using this device.
- The onsite server was assessed for damage, and Entech placed a claim with the organization’s insurance company.
- A replacement server was successfully ordered within hours of the incident.
- The organization was restored to 100% functionality within 6 business hours — ahead of their recovery time goal of 12 business hours (1.5 business days).
- Because they had the proper safeguards in place, the organization was able to operate at full capacity even during the recovery time.