Medical office cleans up and maximizes efficiency
Location: 2 locations in Fort Myers, FL
- A medical office was experiencing spotty and inconsistent network and internet access.
- When they reported this behavior to their ISP, they were unable to receive a permanent resolution.
- At some point, new internet connections had been installed by their carrier, but the connections were not integrated into their preexisting infrastructure – resulting in a loss of time and money.
- The company did not understand what equipment was in their server room or what services they were receiving.
- Entech came in and completed an assessment of both medical offices.
- They established a full inventory of all equipment and created detailed documentation of the existing environment.
- After completing the assessments, Entech identified a few core issues:
- The organization was paying for 3 internet connections at each office — but only using one – this cost the company $8,000 annually.
- The equipment was determined to be compromised and not functioning properly.
- To provide HIPAA-compliant network protection, SonicWALL firewalls were installed.
- To increase the speed and performance of the network, the network switches were upgraded.
- New internet lines were activated, and the old lines were cleaned up and discontinued — resulting in a cost savings of $10,000 annually.
- After both server rooms were cleaned out, rewired, and organized, they were outfitted with line labels, documented thoroughly, and photographed for troubleshooting purposes.