Do you have what it takes to join our team?
Systems Engineers are responsible for all incoming reactive and proactive service requests. Work performed for this role will take place both onsite and remotely from Entech’s Service Desk. Systems Engineers will work independently and as part of a team to answer service desk calls, urgently analyze technical issues, address Level 1 escalatiaons, work with the project manager on team related projects, troubleshoot over the phone/onsite/via remote access, and escalate problems to Level 3 support when appropriate.
- Work with end users to resolve and troubleshoot desktop hardware, desktop applications, server hardware, server applications, routing and connectivity issues.
- Work to resolve proactive alerts and monitors generated from Entech’s Remote Management application.
- Perform regular quality assurance for Entech’s automated maintenance procedures.
- Manage your daily ticket queues and schedule to ensure all assigned tickets are resolved and responded to within approved targets.
- Advanced Proficiency in supporting Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, and 10.
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide range of technical implementations such as HyperV, vSphere, Citrix, SQL, Terminal Services and Cloud/Hosted Services.
- Proficiency in Exchange Server 2000 – 2016.
- Basic understanding of Linux and Mac OS troubleshooting.
- Advanced knowledge of desktop software such as all Microsoft Office Suites.
- Advanced desktop VPN connectivity troubleshooting and configuration (Cisco, SonicWall, OpenVPN, IPSec).
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory and how it works in complex environments.
- Advanced Windows 2003 – 2016 server maintenance, troubleshooting, optimization, deployment, migration and upgrade.
- Advanced understanding of how IPv4 and IPv6 technologieszv interoperate
- Advanced network troubleshooting.
- Security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a like role or 3 years of experience working in Managed Services
- Entech works in the education sector. Az qualified candidate must be able to pass an FBI-Level background check.
- A qualified candidate will have a clean driving record and be insurable under Entech’s automobile policy.
- Relevant industry certification befitting this position (A+, Network +, Security+, MCP MCITP/MCSE)