Virtual meetings are more popular than ever. We share helpful tips for hosting successful meetings and get your best practices checklist; watch now:
Episode 2: Virtual Meeting Setup Tips
Looking for some valuable tips for setting up secure virtual meetings? Learn about the ways you can enhance your virtual meeting experience.
From changing your settings to personalizing meeting templates, there are numerous features and options available to enhance your virtual meeting experience.
Watch the video for all the tips and Click here for “Buddy’s 10 Commandments for Virtual Meetings ”
Because this is a demo, you’ll probably need to watch the video for the full experience. Here is a list of what is covered.
In the Web browser: Change your Settings
- You can have an instant meeting, a scheduled meeting or a live stream.
- Selecting the gear icon in the top right corner, you can change your settings there.
- Clicking on your profile and going to advanced settings you can create custom meeting settings.
- Under personal>meetings it will show what meetings that you have set up according to scheduled meetings.
- Meeting Templates: is this an internal meeting for staff? Is this an external meeting for a client or someone outside of your organization?
- Waiting room: Allows users to go to the meeting but is required to wait until the host accepts you in.
- You can preference Hosts and Participants videos, whether you want them to be on or off.
- Join before the host: If you want a participant to join before the host you can if not, the person would have to wait until you arrive.
- Personal Meeting ID: If it is turned off by default, it will keep your account more secure.
- Require a password when scheduling a new meeting.
- Mute participants upon entry, just in case their is too much background noise.
In Meeting: Basic Settings
- Chat: Allow meeting participants to send a message visible to all participants.
- Private: Allows 1:1 message to another participant.
- Auto-saving chats: Automatically save all chats that hosts do not need to manually save the texts after the chat starts
- Co-Host Feature: Allows another person to be a host if the host ends up having to leave the meeting.
- Polling: Allow for poll questions so others can answer
- Screen-Sharing: Allows hosts and participants (based on settings) to share their screen or content during meetings.
- Annotation: Allows participants to use annotation tools to add information to shared screens
- Non-verbal Feedback: Participants can provide nonverbal feedback and express opinions by clicking on icons in the participants panel.
In Meeting Advanced Settings
- Breakout rooms: Allows host to split meeting participants into separate, smaller rooms.
- Virtual Backgrounds: Allows participants to replace their background with any selected image. You can either choose a zoom image or upload one from your desktop.
- Schedule Privilege: you can assign users to your account to schedule meetings on your behalf you can also schedule meetings on behalf of someone that has assigned you scheduling privilege.
Admin (Advanced Settings)
- Branding: This enables corporate admin to customize a company landing page, logo, header/footer and custom email notifications.
- Two-Factor Authentication: is where you can require a two-factor authentication to sign into a zoom account